Friday, August 22, 2008

I Found A New Charity

I found a new charity right here in Milwaukee and it is:


La Causa
Crisis Nursery and Respite Center
La Causa’s Crisis Nursery and Respite Center is a 12-bed facility for sheltering children ages newborn to 12 years in times of family emergency/crisis or when a highly-stressed parent needs respite care, a "time out" to prevent the possibility of child abuse and/or neglect. Our bilingual staff provides a safe, nurturing and homelike environment for the children until the family situation is stabilized. Meanwhile, crisis management, support, information and referrals are provided to the parents. We are southeastern Wisconsin’s only 24-hour Crisis Nursery, open 365 days a year


Trudi Hughes owned the Quilt shop that I loved to go to in Elm Grove, WI and she has books and rulers and patterns and she retired 2 years ago....I sure did miss her but I have found her again and she has a newsletter which I just joined and she has a Internet group which you can join for $60.00 a year and have her teach and have patterns. She is a wonderful teacher.
www.trudiehughes.com

I am going to find out more about the La Causa center and see if I can help out there too. I go to the Ronald McDonald House in Milwaukee every first and third Monday and sew in the basement with other quilters and make quilts for the house. I have had my 2 grandchildren here this summer so I have not been able to get their and I am having withdrawals from not being with other quilters. So when Sep 1 get here - I will be running not walking to get into the doors of RMcD house.

1 comment:

“Old World Goodies” said...

very interesting, I went on her site and will do a little snooping ......
thanks for sharing