Monday, February 28, 2011

Swapped out Bouncing Betty Blocks for the scrap busting swap

I love this block and you can us up so many of your scraps this way.  I like scrap quilts.  I think they have character.  Here is a picture of the blocks I have gotten so far.  I plan on sewing then together as soon as I get them so I can have this quilt finished quicker.

We will also be doing a swap of just 6 inch squares with 20 lights and 20 darks/medium squares.  I took some example pictures so show the group on Quilter Who Care yahoo group. Here is what they looked like.



This idea came from the quilt magazine called Quilt and in the magazine it shows all the differnt ways you can use these block and it is not just for the pinwheel block as the way I displayed these couple blocks.  There is 9 different quilts you can make with just a HST (half square triangle).
This should be a fun swap and with these squares ....I am planning to sew them together as soon I get my squares.  Then these to will be ready to make a quilt when this is finished.  I just have to decide which quilt of the 9 I will make.
Have a good night.  I have some sewing to do.

No comments: